• CALL: Call us Now: 1-888-871-4488
  • Mon-Fri: 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
    Sat-Sun: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
USjunkCars Blog

What To Do With Used Car Seats?

Many car owners for various reasons are needed to dispose of their car parts. And if the metal in the vehicle is not more than 75% what to do with the remaining 25% which includes textiles and plastic?

Sure, throwing it away seems the easiest option, but since we know that any part of a car can be recycled and reused, let's talk about how to do it with your seats.

How To Reuse?

But before we get into that, let's talk about what you shouldn't do: donate or sell car seats, specifically if they are expired, recalled or has been in an accident. Don't risk the lives of other people!

If the seat is still in good condition, why not to reuse it? Be courteous to the next owner by getting check them before the deal:

  • The vehicle doors were undamaged;
  • The air bags (if present) did not deploy;
  • There is no visible damage to the seats.

If you have used seats without its history or if it does fall into any of those aforementioned categories that we discussed, please recycle it!

How To Recycle?

You may have a couple of options depending on where you live. Some cities have recycling programs for car seats. But, if your car got into a serious accident and doesn’t belong to the restoration, it is easier to hand it over to the recycling company which being highly focused on being green and ecological, plus offer you cash for junk car which is a very pleasant bonus.